Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with CMS Transport Systems. CMS Transport Systemsmay combine any data collected with other information to provide and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
The following examples outline what personal information CMS Transport Systems may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you download a CMS Transport Systems App or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, and email address.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on CMS Transport Systems’ latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting us and asking us to remove your details.
- We may also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with CMS Transport Systems, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CMS Transport Systems’ products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We may also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, postcode, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a CMS Transport Systems App is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products and services.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. CMS Transport Systems may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the CMS Transport Systems website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times CMS Transport Systems may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with CMS Transport Systems to provide products and services, or that help CMS Transport Systems market to customers.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for CMS Transport Systems to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
CMS Transport Systems takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you use some CMS Transport Systems products, services, or applications or post on a CMS Transport Systems forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
For personal information, upon request we will provide you with access so you can review and request the correction to your personal information data if it is inaccurate. Upon request we will also delete the data if vWork is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction or deletion requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide location-based services on CMS Transport Systems products, CMS Transport Systems and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is used by CMS Transport Systems and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
CMS Transport Systems websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.